Veritas on Fox35 – Job Search While WorkingPosted - June 16, 2015
June 16, 2015 – Fox35 Good Day Orlando had Veritas Recruiting Group’s Managing Partner, David Sprinkle, on the show this morning to discuss the do’s and don’ts of searching for a new job while you’re currently working. A recent survey said that 74% of people that are currently working are open to hearing about a new opportunity…odds are that means you!
Here’s what you should and should not do when hunting for a new job while working:
- Don’t post your resume on any of the job boards.
- Don’t tell anyone at work that you’re looking.
- Don’t put your boss or coworkers as references on applications.
- Don’t use your work computer or work phone for job search.
- Complete your Linkedin profile with as much information as possible.
- Connect with previous boss and coworkers for potential references…sometimes these reconnections turn into job opportunities.
- Schedule interviews during off hours…beginning of day, end of day and during lunch.
- Connect with recruiters that specialize in placing people like you.
Here’s a behind the scenes photo from today’s segment: