Veritas on FOX35 – Hidden Job MarketPosted - June 03, 2015
June 3, 2015 – How do you get access to the 80-85% of jobs opportunities that aren’t being posted? Job search expert David Sprinkle with Veritas Recruiting Group discusses what you can do to get exposure to more opportunities.
- You still need a resume to apply to job postings, however, only about 15% of all the available jobs are being posted online. So relying solely on that resource is only 15% effective.
- How do you get interviews with the hidden job openings (the other 80-85%)?
- Research industries that you want to work in.
- Target companies within that industry.
- Research the target company(s)
- website, press releases, sales literature
- Become a Customer. Talk to sales people and employees of the company and their competitors
- Social media: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Connect with potential hiring managers (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, industry association meetings)
- Write a one page Impact Letter, based on your research on how you can help the company, to get an interview.