Veritas Recruiting on Fox 35 – Experience vs EducationPosted - February 26, 2015
February 25, 2015 – David Sprinkle, Managing Partner with Veritas Recruiting Group, and his beard appeared on Fox 35’s Good Day Orlando to discuss the value of a college degree vs. on-the-job experience.
- For some companies, the college degree is the key that unlocks the door that would otherwise remained locked.
- Experience can trump the degree if you stay in the same industry and work your way up through the company.
- If you can’t get the degree, make sure you are well networked in your industry or the industry you want to get into.
- Unemployment Rates for January 2015
- No high school diploma – 8.5%
- High school diploma, No college – 5.5%
- College degree – 2.9% (!!!)